- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced
- ¼ cup THE GRACIOUS GOURMET BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONION SPREAD
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (2 ounces)
- 2 slices provolone cheese (2 ounces) 2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper strips (bottled or homemade)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Open sandwich rolls; spread 1 tablespoon THE GRACIOUS GOURMET BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONION SPREAD on inside of both halves.
- Layer prosciutto, cheese, roasted bell peppers and basil on bottom half of roll. Top with top half.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches on griddle; press down to make them panini style. Cook 2 – 3 minutes, turn, and cook another 2 minutes, or until roll is slightly crispy and cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- (Sandwiches can also be made in a panini press). Makes 2 servings.