- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken
- breast (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with juice (14 oz. can)
- 1/2 jar THE GRACIOUS GOURMET HATCH CHILE PESTO
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups tortilla chips (broken)
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Place first four ingredients in a three-quart saucepan, including THE GRACIOUS GOURMET HATCH CHILE PESTO.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until chicken is done (8-10 minutes). Adjust salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Spoon soup into deep bowls and garnish with broken tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and a swirl of sour cream, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.