- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced
- ¼ cup EMPRESA BY THE GRACIOUS GOURMET BALSAMIC FIG JAM
- 4 thin slices smoked turkey (2 oz.), prosciutto or ham
- 2 slices mozzarella or taleggio cheese (2 oz.)
- small amount of greens, such as arugula, if desired
- Open sandwich rolls; spread 1 tablespoon EMPRESA BY THE GRACIOUS GOURMET BALSAMIC FIG JAM on inside of both halves.
- Layer meat, cheese and greens on bottom half of roll. Top with top half.
- Heat non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches on griddle and press down or use a panini press. Cook 2-3 minutes, turn, weigh down and cook another 2 minutes, or until roll is slightly crispy and cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings. (Can also be made in a panini press appliance.)