Are you craving a crispy, hot sandwich that's both satisfying and packed with flavor? Look no further than the smoked turkey panini made with Balsamic Fig Jam by The Gracious Gourmet. This mouthwatering creation will take your taste buds on a wild ride, leaving you craving for more sweet, salty and smoky goodness.
Let's Talk Balsamic Fig Jam
Now, let's dive into the secret ingredient that takes this panini to a whole new level: Balsamic Fig Jam. This delectable jam adds a touch of sweetness and tanginess to the panini, balancing out the smokiness of the turkey. This jam is versatile enough that you can use a variety of deli meat and cheese combinations to create the panini. The Balsamic Fig Jam acts like a flavor explosion in every bite!
- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced
- ¼ cup BALSAMIC FIG JAM
- 4 thin slices smoked turkey (2 oz.), prosciutto or ham
- 2 slices mozzarella or taleggio cheese (2 oz.)
- small amount of greens, such as arugula, if desired
- Open sandwich rolls; spread 1 tablespoon BALSAMIC FIG JAM on inside of both halves.
- Layer meat, cheese and greens on bottom half of roll. Top with top half.
- Heat non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches on griddle and press down or use a panini press. Cook 2-3 minutes, turn, weigh down and cook another 2 minutes, or until roll is slightly crispy and cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings. (Can also be made in a panini press appliance.)