- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced, peeled carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar THE GRACIOUS GOURMET ROASTED EGGPLANT TAPENADE
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, celery and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add chicken broth, tomatoes and THE GRACIOUS GOURMET ROASTED EGGPLANT TAPENADE.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and garbanzo beans. Cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve hearty vegetable soup immediately, passing extra Parmesan cheese at the table.