- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar THE GRACIOUS GOURMET FIG ALMOND SPREAD
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 ounce white chocolate, chopped and melted
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, blend thoroughly into butter mixture (mixture will be crumbly). Grease 9-inch Pyrex pie plate. Spread half of crumb mixture (about 2 cups) evenly on bottom. Dollop spoonfuls of THE GRACIOUS GOURMET FIG ALMOND SPREAD on top, gently spread evenly. Mix remaining crumbs with almonds; spread on top of figs; pat down lightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F about 25 minutes, or until golden brown around edges, and firm to the touch. Cool on wire rack.