Are you looking to impress your guests with a sophisticated appetizer that's hearty and delicious? Try this delectable recipe for baked brie and jam, made with the exquisite Balsamic Fig Jam from The Gracious Gourmet. This appetizer is sure to delight even the pickiest palates.
Each bite of this appetizer is a symphony of flavors. The creamy brie cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy Balsamic Fig Jam, while the flaky puff pastry adds a delightful crunch. It's a truly indulgent experience that will leave your guests craving more.
- 1 13.2-oz. round of Brie, cold
- 1/2 a jar of BALSAMIC FIG JAM
- One 1.1-lb package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out one piece of puff pastry dough and roll it slightly with a rolling pin just to even out the cracks. Be sure there are no holes in the pastry or the cheese will leak out. Estimate the size of dough you will need to wrap the cheese, including enough to overlap across the bottom. Cut off the excess dough and save for decoration or another dish.
- In the middle of this piece of dough, spoon on a circle of BALSAMIC FIG JAM the size of the round of cheese. Place the cheese directly on top of the circle of spread.
- Wrap the pastry dough around the sides and over the bottom of the cheese. Make a neat little package completely encasing the cheese and brush inside the bottom flaps with the beaten egg. Press with your fingers to seal the pastry flaps. Turn over the entire package and brush the top and sides with more of the beaten egg. You can even decorate the top with bits of the leftover dough. It will adhere to the wet egg wash. Now place the prepared
- cheese into the refrigerator until ready to bake. This can be prepared to this point hours or even the day before you intend to bake it.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place the wrapped cheese on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until the pastry is a nice golden color. Serve at once while the pastry is hot and the cheese is runny.
*Servings: One 13.2-oz. round of Brie will serve 4 to 6 people. Two will serve 8 to 12, etc.
Preparation time: about 30 or 40 minutes depending on the time spent decorating.