- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust pastry in aluminum pan
- ½ cup BALSAMIC FIG JAM
- 5 sliced of thick bacon
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- ¾ cup of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake empty crust for 12 minutes to set.
- In a skillet, brown the bacon until crisp, remove it from the fat and let cool on plate lined with paper towels. Crumble bacon and place in the bottom of pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and ½ cup of BALSAMIC FIG JAM. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean. (The edges of the crust can be covered with foil during baking if it begins to overly brown).
- Let quiche stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.