Want to impress your friends and family with something unique and delicious for brunch? Look no further than a bacon quiche made using Balsamic Fig Jam by The Gracious Gourmet. This mouthwatering combination of savory bacon and sweet fig jam will have everyone begging for seconds.
What Makes Balsamic Fig Jam So Special?
Balsamic Fig Jam is not your average jam. It's made with the finest figs and infused with balsamic vinegar, giving it a rich and complex flavor profile. The sweetness of the figs pairs perfectly with the tanginess of the vinegar, creating a familiar yet exciting flavor profile.
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust or refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust
- ½ cup BALSAMIC FIG JAM
- 5 sliced of thick bacon
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- ¾ cup of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake empty crust for 12 minutes to set — or following the directions on the product for refrigerated crusts.
- In a skillet, brown the bacon until crisp, remove it from the pan and let cool on plate lined with paper towels to absorb extra fat. Once cool, crumble bacon and place in the bottom of pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and ½ cup of BALSAMIC FIG JAM. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean. (The edges of the crust can be covered with foil during baking if it begins to overly brown).
- Let quiche stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.