- 1 13.2-oz. round of Brie, cold
- 1/3 of a 10 oz. jar of THE GRACIOUS GOURMET FIG ALMOND SPREAD
- One 1.1-lb package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out one piece of puff pastry dough and roll it slightly with a rolling pin just to even out the cracks. Be sure there are no holes in the pastry or cheese will leak out. Calculate approximate size of dough you will need to wrap the cheese, include enough to overlap across the bottom. Cut off excess dough and save for decoration.
- In the middle of dough, spoon on a circle of THE GRACIOUS GOURMET FIG ALMOND SPREAD the size of the cheese wheel. Place cheese directly on top of the spread.
- Wrap the pastry dough around sides and over the bottom of the cheese. Make a neat little package completely encasing the cheese, brushing inside bottom flaps with beaten egg. Press with your fingers to seal pastry flaps. Turn over entire package and brush top and sides with more beaten egg. You can even decorate the top with bits of leftover dough. It will adhere to the wet egg wash. Now place the prepared cheese into the refrigerator until ready to bake. This prep can be done hours or even a day before you intend to bake it.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees and place wrapped cheese on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until the pastry is a golden color. Serve at once while pastry is hot and cheese is runny.
One 13.2 oz. round of Brie will serve 4 to 6 persons- two will serve 8 to 12, etc.
Preparation time: about 30 or 40 minutes depending on the time spent decorating.