- 1 (approx. 13 oz) round of Brie, cold
- 1/2 jar of Apple Sweet Cherry Jam
- 1 lb package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Beaten egg
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out one piece of puff pastry and roll it slightly with a rolling pin to even out the cracks. Be sure there are no holes in the pastry so cheese can’t leak out.
- Approximate the size of dough you will need to wrap the cheese, including enough to overlap across the bottom. Cut off the excess dough and save for decoration (if desired).
- In the middle of this dough, spoon on a circle of Apple Sweet Cherry Jam the size of the round of cheese. Place the cheese directly on top of jam.
- Wrap the pastry dough around the sides and over the bottom of the cheese. Make a neat little package completely encasing the cheese and brush inside the bottom flaps with the beaten egg. Press with your fingers to seal the pastry flaps. Turn over the entire package and brush the top and sides with more of the beaten egg. You can even decorate the top with bits of the leftover dough. It will adhere to the wet egg wash. Place the wrapped cheese into the refrigerator until ready to bake. This can be done hours or even the day before you intend to bake it.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place the wrapped cheese on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until the pastry is a nice golden color. Serve at once while the pastry is hot and the cheese is runny with crackers and sliced fruit.
One Brie will serve 4 to 6 persons, and two will serve 8 to 12.