wilted spinach and black olive salad
- 8 cups of baby spinach leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- ¾ cup thin sliced mushrooms
- 3 slices of bacon (reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings)
- 1-½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of THE GRACIOUS GOURMET’S BLACK OLIVE TAPENADE
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Crumble bacon when cool and set to the side.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan. Whisk vinegar, sugar and THE GRACIOUS GOURMET’S BLACK OLIVE TAPENADE into the skillet with the bacon drippings. Heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and toss for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Turn off the burner and add the spinach to the skillet. Toss quickly and transfer the mixture to a large salad bowl.
- Top the salad with crumbled bacon and chopped eggs.