- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup THE GRACIOUS GOURMET HATCH CHILE PESTO
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese or
- crumbled goat cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs to pan. Cook, lifting edges with spatula to let uncooked eggs flow underneath, about 3 minutes, or until almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese and tomatoes onto one half of omelet in the pan.
- Using spatula, flip the empty half of the omelet over filling. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Warm THE GRACIOUS GOURMET HATCH CHILE PESTO in microwave-safe dish for 30-45 seconds on high in the microwave. Flip omelet out onto serving platter; top with Hatch Chile Pesto and sprinkle with remaining cheese and a little cilantro if desired.
Makes 2-3 servings.